Tigger Roo the Most Infamous Land Shark Ever

Go down

Tigger Roo the Most Infamous Land Shark Ever

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:38 pm

I hope you do not mind me posting stories about my previous pup. He holds the all time record for craziness and unblievable antics. Several of the groups I have worked with would send all the "Puppy Wanters" to me for discussion. Once they heard about my experiences, many of them opted to get a "track trained" dog. If they still had an interest in getting a puppy after talking to me, then they were ususally were assigned to me as a "Hound Buddy" to be talked thru the puppy stages of life. I will tell anyone, if you can survive having a geyhound puppy, get them thru puberty to adulthood, then you will be rewarded with the most magnificent creature on the earth. There is nothing in the world like a greyhound puppy.

"Encounter the Tigger'"
During the first part of Tiggers life he had many traumas to face. these did not become known to us until he was three or four years old. We recieved Tigger when he was 3 months. I had a previous pup but sadly lost her at six months due to tick borne desease (another tragic tale for another time). I was crate aversive..no dog of mine would ever be crated. That lasted 24 hours and then was beging for a crate. During the first year of Tiggers life he had several "Tales" to be told. this one could have been tragic in many ways. I was lying on the sofa one afternoon while Tigger was tossing around his many stuffies. He had one particular toy (not a stuffiie) a small plastic/rubber squeaky pink turtle whose voice was extremely annoying. Sorta like fingernails on the chalkboard. Well, Turtle went under the sofa and Tig was trying his best to scracth turtle outta there. Me, being the helpful Mom, leaned over the sofa reaching under to get turtle. Unfortunately, tigger choose just this moment to quickly bring his head straight up right into my nose. Blood flew everywhere, I must have screamed because Tigger flew into the dinning room and got under the table. After an unsucessful attempt to stauch the blood flow, Hubby and I were off to the hospital. At the hospital I had a wonderful doctor from Ghianna whose accent I fell in love with. He assured me that yes, my nose was broken but there was little they could except straighten it, pack it to stop the blood flow and give me something for the pain. No problem. we were on our way home in about an hour. Once home, I laid back gleefully on the sofa with an ice pack across my face. Hubby let the dogs outside and when Tigger came in, he was most curious about my new "toy". I swished him away telling him to "leave it" and away he went (or so I thought) . Suddenly, I felt something moving in my nose and when I took the ice pack off, there was Tigger zoomong across the living room with his canine teeth sunk into the one corner of the gauze packing that had been sticking out of the side of my nostril. Needless to say the pain was horrific but the bleeding had resumed as well! Grabbing a towel I pressed it to my nose and since we could not stop the bleeding, off to the hospital we go , AGAIN! by this time my eyes had started to swell shut, I looked like a racoon in reverese, and was using very unflattering words to describe Tigger. As they rushed me into the treatment room, thru my tiny slit eyes, I saw Hubby taking to some people in dark clothing. Lucikly, I got the same doctor but this time he showed a greater interest in just how I happened to have had the same incident happen twice in less than two hours. Sometime later a lady came in and began talking to me about places she could help me get into, and telling me that there was nothing to be ashamed of that none of this was my fault. Sometimes I am a little slow but finally it hit me that they thought Hubby had done all this and we were blaming it on the dog. I got outta the bed and walked into the hall to find Hubby. Just as I approached, a friend of ours (who just happened to be a police officer) came into the door. He looked at the men talking to Hubby and then at me and began to laugh hysterically. I told him it was not funny and the other officers were failing to see the humor as well. Tony then explained that if it had been my Hubby with the black eyes and swollen face and me being questioned, he would have helped them put the cuffs on but that there wouold be NO WAY that Hubby would have hit me because he was still standing up and breathing. We got discharged again and home we went. the next day a knock came at the door. when we opened it, there stood the doctor and the social worker from the hospital. the doctor said if a "wee little pup" had done such damage, he wanted to met him himself. Tigger trotted into the living room ans before I could utter a warning, the doctor bent over to pet Tigger. At exactly this moment, Tigger decided to leap up and great the nice new people and his head smacked into the doctors mouth so hard that one of the doctors teeth went through his own lip. I apologized and got his some ice and a cloth. As they left the doctor stated he truly did not bleieve my story but now he was convinced that somehow that possessed creature had in fact done the damage to my nose. Thus ends the first Tigger attack!

Back to top Go down

Re: Tigger Roo the Most Infamous Land Shark Ever

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:05 pm

I have had bent glass frames on many occasions, but nothing quite as drastic as your episode.

Skip, Dotty and the gang Gilly, Barbie, Jax and Addie

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum