TiggerRoo and the Squirrell

Go down

TiggerRoo and the Squirrell

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:25 pm

Among Tiggers many accomplishments was the art of "Squirrel Clearing" . Since the age of six months, no self respecting squirrel ever came into our yard. T hey would take the alternate route via the overhead electric wires. Tig would dutifully follow allong never taking his eyes off the invader as it made its way across our property . Rarely, one would take a misstep and down into the yard they would fall. On one such occassion Tig chased the squirrel around the yard and house . As they rounded the side of the house into the front yard the squirrel made a mad dash for the red maple tree with Tig in hot pursuit. Tig had such a full burst of speed going that when the squirrel went up into the tree, Tig followed suit and went up behind him. Unfortunately, the tree had a split trunk that opened into a "Y" nearly four feet above the ground. I heard this piteous sound in the front yard and there he was "Rooing" hanging with his legs on either side of the "y" in the tree. I rushed out to rescue Tig. I held onto his collar as I pulled myself up into the tree. I carefully lifted his front end and gently lowered him to the ground. In true Greyhound fashion, he gratefully charged away making laps around the tree and then went to lie on the porch in the shade. Meanwhile, I am stuck up in this tree. Did I mention that I am afraid (terrified) of heights? As I pondered how I was going to get down, my neighbor, John came out and asked if I needed some help. I told him In eeded lots of help and he went to get his ladder and helped me out of the tree.

Fast forward a few weeks, John invited us over after Christmas Eve service for a drink and to see some home movies he had taken with the camera his wife had given him for his birthday. As the group of neighbors gathered around to watch the movies, I was surprised to see that he had taken pictures of my greys running around in the yard. I even commented that it was nice to see them on a recording. As the movie progressed, I began to have an uneasy feeling. You see, the day Tig had "gotten treed" I was in my nightgown , when I was helping Tig out of the tree I was facing the opposite direction from Johns house. As I bent over to assist Tig out of the tree, well...........needless to say the rest of the movie was sorta X rated. It left no doubt in the minds of any of the neighbors in attendance that I was indeed a "true" brunette.
This was not the last time Tig was to place me in a "compromising" position. The Tales of Tigger to be continued..............

Back to top Go down

Re: TiggerRoo and the Squirrell

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:24 pm

How funny- the stories never end... love it.... Doc and Wolf LOVE to chase the squirrels that are stupid enough to venture into their turf (cats too!) Doc will sit at the base of the tree as if waiting for the squirrel to magically reappear.... so funny.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum