GreyPUP Captures Woman!

Go down

GreyPUP Captures Woman!

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:36 am

When you have a greytpup you may not have to change diapers but the crate (which will be your bestest friend at times) must be cleaned on a regular basis. Greytpups gather all sorts of "debris" in their crate. At the time I had Tigger, the vari kennel was the "state of the art" and we had a big one. Every Saturday morning when I ran the vaccume, I would also "clean" the dreaded "Tigger cave". Tig would get most upset and whine the whole time trying to get into the crate to rescue his treasures. Vari kennels, for those that may not know, are solid fiberglass or now heavy plastic PVC with wire on each side and the back with a stainless steel wire door front. In order to clean them properly, you must either dismatle them, by taking out millions of screws and nuts, or crawl almost into it to wipe down the plastic insides. I chose the latter method. Upon one such occasion, tigger decided he had had enough of me stealing his "stuff" so as I was leaning into the crate, he pushed my rear end and I tilted all the way into the crate. When my head hit the back of the crate, it caused the stainless steel door to slam shut. Did I mention that these crates had special locks on them that had to be turned and pressed a certain way to open? This technique is impossible to do from the inside...TRUST ME, I tried everyway imaginable.

Here I am, locked inside the crate, I cannot turn around in it and there is no way to call anyone (cell phones were not invented at this time) and I had an eight month old greytpup loose in my house! Hubby was asleep in the back bedroom but he worked nights and to wake him was darn near impossible. I yelled, screamed, bounced the crate to no avail. After a period of about an hour and a half the dogs (Misty Too & Tigger Roo) were raising such a ruckus that my DH came out to see what was going on. When he called my name, this piteous answer came from somewhere far away. He kept calling and calling and finally stopped by the crate. when he looked inside, he actually lauighed so hard he had to sit down. There I am head first, rear in the air, on my hands and knees...did I mention I was wearing the infamous nightgown? When the DH could stop laughing, he went to find the camera. I twisted and turned and wiggled about trying to turnaround and almost made it before he got the camera. I did finally get turned around and the DH was still laughing and he took another pciture of me in the crate. It reminded me of those old prison photos where the inmates have a hand on each side of their face peering out trhough the bars...that was me! I was finally released after promising to be on good behavior and not kill the DH or Tigger. Eventually I did see the humor in the situation but not while the incident was in full play. Another day in Life with Tigger Roo the Land Shark!

Back to top Go down

Re: GreyPUP Captures Woman!

Post by Greys4Us on Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:04 pm

Helen, you have had so many funny adventures with your hounds!!! This really made me laugh. I think there could be a book in the making about Tigger and his greyt adventures! You are a great story teller.

Hettie
Greys4Us

Number of posts : 2206
Registration date : 2008-04-21

http://www.greytdogs.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:57 pm

OMG this is hilarious!!
Erin

Back to top Go down