Tigger Roo AKA Daniel Boone

Go down

Tigger Roo AKA Daniel Boone

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:40 pm

Sometimes things happen so suddenly that all you have is the story to tell. Several years ago we had a severe ice storm here in Maryland. The whole world came to a screeching halt in our town. It was with some trepidation that I even put the dogs outside. Due to Tiggers exposed plates and screws in his foot, he was very sensative to cold. I bundled them up and put them out seperately. As I watched Tig gently navigate the pathways we had so carefully fashioned for the kids, I saw a squirrel out of the corner of my eye in the very top of the twenty foot tree in our front yard. I laughed thinking how stupid that squirrel was. What if he lost his footing due to the ice on the branches and fell into the yard. almost as though I had wished it, it happened. The squirrel trying to grasp at anything to stop his descent, latched onto a branch that leaned directly onto our porch. At the same time, tigger was gingerly walking up the step onto the porch. As fate would have it, the squirrel and tigger hit the same spot at the same time. The Squirrell landed on top of tiggers head backwards with its tail hanging into tigs eyes and hung on for dear life. Tig was wearing the squirrels body like a coon skin cap. Tig being startled by his new apparel. slipped back down the step and onto the icy pavement. The pair slid along the sidewalk until Tigger slid into the gate and stopped their forward motion. The squirrel decided that this was the time to abandon ship and hopped onto the icy fence railing, slipping and sliding as he went towards the telephone pole at the end of the fence. If Tigger could have spoken, I am sure I would have had to wash out his mouth with soap. His thoughts were written all over his face. Every time I look outside, I can see this scene replayed in my mind. The day Tigger Roo became Daniel Boone. Life is truly stranger than fiction. Just another Tale of Tigger Roo.

Back to top Go down

Re: Tigger Roo AKA Daniel Boone

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:56 pm

What a hilarious story..... Doc and Wolf would LOVE for a squirrel to 'land in their lap'! They watch them hang out in the tops of our trees-if I'd let them, they'd stay out there all day.... LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:00 pm

LMAO.......OMG this is a HILARIOUS story!!!!!

Erin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:24 am

Too cute!
Thanks for sharing.

Trish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down