Tigger Roo - the BAD Part of life (Please read,makes the rest incredible)

Go down

Tigger Roo - the BAD Part of life (Please read,makes the rest incredible)

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:08 pm

This is not a pretty story. I cry each time I tell it, but it does make Tiggers journey more incredible and precious.

I had Tigger Roo for many years before I found out his hsitory. He came from Florida originally, I got him from GPA Maryland at the age of 3 mos. Tig (Fendi) and two littermates were brought down from PA. Tig cried the entire 4 hours that night in the car. In fact Tig cried whenever he was left in the dark. At night he never ventured far from the porch and we learned to leave a light on for him. Tig was about four when I sent his picture to the man responsible for bringing Tig to the area. I watched TV and had seen the National Geographic Special on Florida Greyhounds but never put the two together. You see, there were very few animal wardens at the time Tig was born. The ASPCA had gotten a tip that an illegal GH Farm was about to ship a group of greys to Argentina. Reportedly the dogs were in bad shape and needed medical care, some were thought to be dying. The Warden responded to the locale and found nothing. The place was empty. As she walked around searching for any signs of the dogs, she heard a faint muffled cry. She followed the sound and came to a huge unnatural mound of dirt. She immediately called in for help and what they found sickens me to this day. Whomever had been planning to ship dogs must have gotten word that the authorities were closing in and hurriedly tried to get rid of the evidence. I'll leave the gory deatails out. When the equipment uncovered the hole, they found the dogs. Most were dead or dying, only four tiny pups were found alive. Tig's Mom had crawled over her four pups to protect them and her body had provided an air space between the others for her pups to breathe. Mom was gone but four of her pups were fighting for their lives. They were rushed to the local vet but unfortunately only three made it: Tig, Sophie & Jack. They were nursed back to health, then placed up for adoption after a while.

I found this out when the man in PA stated "Oh, yea, he was one of those pups that was found buried in Florida", that is when it all came together for me. I never dreamed that I had been blessed with a "miracle pup" and believe me when I tell you he was a true miracle to me. And I NEVER let him be in the dark again the entire fourteen years I had him with me. Now you may understand why I love him so dearly.

Back to top Go down

Re: Tigger Roo - the BAD Part of life (Please read,makes the rest incredible)

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:22 pm

Horrible and disgusting what some people are made of.. . And all I have to say is Karma is a b$%*h
Tig truly sounds like an angel and you were definately blessed to have him in your life. Thanks so much for sharing the stories of your miracle baby.
Erin

Back to top Go down

Post by Greys4Us on Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:07 pm

I've heard stories like this but never met anyone who actually got a dog from one of those horrid conditions. As Erin said, Karma is a b$%*h. I only hope that what sadness and suffering people bring to an innocent animal is paid back ten fold over.

I know that greyhound adoption is much better than it was when we got our first greyhound. And I remember the experiences we had just ten years ago with bringing dogs in from the hauler that were in horrible condition. But to see those poor souls get better and find their homes was so much worth the work.

I"m glad we are making progress but all one has to do is go to a humane society or pound and it proves that as humans we still have a way to go before we can be proud.

We can't change the world, but we can change the world for one greyhound at a time; and that's what we are trying to do.
Greys4Us

Number of posts : 2206
Registration date : 2008-04-21

http://www.greytdogs.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:41 am

I seem to remember that they found the man responsible for this atrocity and he did do jail time......3 years.......I would sentence him to a lifetime of cleaning dog kennels and a year for each animal harmed by him PLUS 10 minutes alone in a locked room with me! Maybe I would forget the Kennels cause he would spend most of tht time in a hospital when I got done he would not have any useable extremities for a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down