Tigger Roo - the First year

Go down

Tigger Roo - the First year

Post by Guest on Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:08 pm

In Tigger Roo's first year he was quite a busy little guy. At around four months, he broke my nose..twice in the same day. Tigger was about six months when he broke his right rear leg running circles in the yard. Dr. Benson said that he had to be going about 45 MPH full out and making a hard right hand corner with everyhthing stretched to the max and the bone snapped. The xray looked as if someone had chopped Tiggers leg with an axe. It was perfectly straight a 'textbook" break. (I saw the book and it was exactly like the xray). While Tigger had his leg in a cast (6-8 weeks) we made weekly trips to the vet (100 miles round trip). Each week the vet took the cast off, checked the leg (Xray) to be sure it was healing, and re cast the leg. On one of these visits, the vet told us to come back in 20 minutes. When it became an hour, I asked the receptionist if everything was okay. she went in the back and came out laughing saying all was fine. The vet came out a few minutes later with sweat stains under his arms, his hair all desheveled and beads of perspiration on his forehead. He thrust the leash into my hand and sternly said "bring him back next week". One of the techs came out and I asked her what happened. She told me that each time the vet had the bandage just the way he wanted it, Tig would kick his leg and send the packing and wrap flying off the table. It took three times before three people held Tig to get the leg wrapped. The next week the vet himself came out and got Tig. As he headed for the back I heard him say "I'm ready for you this week buddy". We sat down ready to wait another hour but in fifteen minutes a tech came out grinning and said " Doc says bring him back next week". I asked him why he was grinning and he said the vet had brought in three extra techs to help with Tigs leg. When they put Tig on the table to begin wrapping, Tig went sound asleep and never moved a hair. When the cast came off (and in fact while it was on) life did not change for the Tig. During his "convalescence" he continued to make a name for himself. He ate a 64 count of Crayola "day glo" crayons (they also glo at night). We had the most interesting back yard at dusk and dawn. Made clean up very easy. He ate fourteen left shoes, never a right. Ate a brick out of our fireplace hearth. An entire Almanac except for the price tag. Eight dozen Roses (they had to have thorns or he did not touch them) that my DH brought me every Saturday morning. No matter where we put them, Tig and the Cat partnered to knock the down to Tig's level. but his most famous accomplishment was to eat a Brillo Pad while I was talking to my vet on the talk radio show "Pet Talk". I was cleaning the kitchen talking on the phone and had the Brillo pad in my hand. Tig ran in, grabbed the pad and swallowed it before I could realize what had happened. I hung up the phone and called my vets office, who in turn beeped him (on the show), he returned the call, then annouced to hundreds of listeners that they had lost me on the phone because my greyhound puppy had eaten a brillo pad! DUH!! I was talking to the vet on the phone when this happened, why did I hang up??? The most notable thing Tig did at the end of his first year was to take a nap in the middle of the main street in our town while he was walking in a parade. He got tired of standing in one spot while another group was performing in front of the dignitary stand and laid down. Two policemen tried to pick him up and move him but he was like silly putty. Whatever they picked up, the other parts of him went limp. It ended up that they directed part of the parade around him. It wasn't until the fire department came and loaded him on a back board that the parade went forward as planned. For this stunt, he got his picture in the local paper. The picture was of the two policeman trying to pick him up, the caption read "who says one "dog" cannot stop the show". He also bit a policeman who was in our front yard chasing a robbery suspect. Well, he didn't acatually bite him, but he did rip the rear outta his uniform pants while the guy was trying to climb the infamous tree in our front yard. Yes, the policeman did get his man but I bet he also got a lot of ribbing from his co workers. The suspect he was chasing had been dubbed "the Cinderella bandit" because he stole shoes from each place he robbed. I did hear that the officers' buddies were calling him the "Tiggerella catcher" for some time. I swear I did not know they were in the yard when I let Tig out at 2am in the morning. I'm sure there were more accomplishments but I may have forgotten a few. Here ends the first year of my Land Shark.

Back to top Go down

Re: Tigger Roo - the First year

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:09 pm

Holy Bananas Tigger Roo-what a behemoth amount of hoopla you caused your mom!!! Never a dull moment!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:40 pm

Hahaha another great story.
Erin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum