OREO--the newest Land Shark--in Annapolis has arrived

Go down

OREO--the newest Land Shark--in Annapolis has arrived

Post by Guest on Wed May 05, 2010 2:48 pm

Hettie pulled up right on time--11 am--so I was able to be home at lunchtime when our new pup arrived. He is most unusually marked with the longest hair I have ever seen on a greyhound! We will be combing him till our arms hurt and then some to see what he will really look like. Expect it will take 2-3 months before he nice new white coat comes out. Right now, Helen is calling him white with fawn patches and fawn brindle. His brindel is the color of Flash O'Thunder's only spread out more.

OREO doesn't care for the muzzle but we have to see how he works with the cats (our orange boy has passed the I don't care muster; the black boy hasn't gotten the chance to tell him off yet; and the worrysome one is the little gray, shy boy who never comes around for weeks after we get a new pup. We always have to work with him. Flash and Boots are just coming to terms with each other and its been 6 months).

We had a real surprise, OREO and CheeRIOs have the same father--Lonesome Cry! They look nothing alike and act nothing alike. It took Helen's breath away and brought some tears. At any rate, Oreo is now registered on the Greyhound Database. Our holes in the heart are full now.

At any rate, Helen will have to tell you her reactions I am sure that is coming very soon. Personally, I am delighted.

Hettie, it was great to see you....thanks for taking care of our Houdini for us.......sorry he made extra work for you...come back soon bounce Belinda, thanks for suggesting this boy to us and making this possible for us! The FFGR team is fantastic!

Anne

Last edited by amcele on Wed May 05, 2010 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Re: OREO--the newest Land Shark--in Annapolis has arrived

Post by Guest on Wed May 05, 2010 3:59 pm

As Anne has said, "the Land Shark has Landed" He and Cheerio are both sons of Lonsome Cry ans that is only the beginning. He and Flash share the same grandfather, Gable Dodge! All three were great grand sons of the infamous Molotov, Ima Bahama, Dutch Bahama, and on and on.
What I did not expect is that he would land on me! The older I get the stupider I become. I think brain cells must warp or flatten. Here I am outside with the new boy, watching him like a hawk because his first "Land Shark" trick was to get out of the turn our pen at Hetties, then stand and bark to be let back into the pen. Here I am watching him , Hettie did tell me he would jump up when excited, Oreo did his business and I praised him. The next thing I know I am looking up at these gleaming white teeth, and being nibbled. Oreo took me by surprise and caught me off balance when he jumped up and I went down so easily and quickly that I had no idea what happened. I was not hurt but sure surprised that the new kid could wrestle his Mom to the ground! He sems to be okay with the cats but we are being careful until he truly settles in and the REAL Oreo reveals himself!

Back to top Go down