Oreo Webster Roo - pulling on my heartstrings

Go down

Oreo Webster Roo - pulling on my heartstrings

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:59 am

Sorry, this is not an OW Roo written article but it is about him. I wanted to share with you a very rare and bittersweet moment that occurred last night. Oreo is not your average grey, he is a pup in all senses of the word. He can be unruly , a pest, a brat, into everythong at once. Oreo has developed a habit of wrapping his front legs around my leg and mouthing me when he wants attention and it does not come a s quickly as he thinks it should. We have been working hard on house and sofa manners. since OW has weak back leggs the sofa has not been a roblem until now. OW will run full speed, leap onto the sofa and, unfortunately, whomever, whatever happens to be on that sofa. I have been extremely hard to him in the past few days when he misbehaves. He is so big that if we do not get him under control now, he could become a huge (no pun intended) problem later.

Last night OW grabbed my ankle and almost knocked me onto the sofa. It was where i was headed anyway so it did not matter. Once I was on the sofa, OW gently (for him) jumped up next to me and put his paws onto my lap. He gently laid his head on my chest and looked up at me with soulful eyes that begged for understanding and comfort. I must admit to tearing up some because his half brother, Cheerios would do exactly the same thing. with all the loss that has been occurring lately, I must say that my mind has been on Cheerios and the bittersweet memories were flooding my mind. OW continued to cuddle with me and even went to sleep putting his head into my lap. During this moment, I definitely felt a gentle flutter of stirring in my heart. My baby boy is becoming a big boy! While the "puppy moments" are treasures, I sometimes forget that he is after all just a babe and get frustrated with his antics. He is trying to mimic the other pups, following their lead on how things are done. While sharing this quiet moment it came to me we should be more like our greys: live in the moment - the future is promised to no one - so tonight when you cuddle your pups, when you tuck them in for the night, or just when you are walking past them lying on thier bed, give them a quick scritch in their favorite place, kiss their "kissie spot" if they have one, or just give them a hug. Do this in rememberance and for those who do not have their babies with them anymore. Life is too short with our pups not to cherish every moment we have.
Love you bunches Oreo Webster Roobear,
Mommee

Back to top Go down

Re: Oreo Webster Roo - pulling on my heartstrings

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:45 pm

Yes, I tell my Maggie Moo every day I love her and how special she is. It's easy, she's on my bed every morning. She loves her smoozies! Chessie is hard to get to come to me for loves..........but i try. Flash gives me kisses every day to tell me I am special to him--how special that makes him. When Jetta comes (Bill's empath) she can't get enough but she is another loner. Sshadow demands attention every day.............what a treasure. I was upset the other night and he was the one who came to comfort me and tell me I was not alone.........Oreo makes us laugh especially playing with the Kong.....bounces it all around the house........I called him King Kong the other day....................Can't imagine what life would be like without them.......Now that we are older...........the time comes when we think........these will be our last greyhounds...........they can't out live us.........who would care for them...........in fairness we can't get more.......but, the dream is always there...............in that case I think we will surely be happy to foster................teach our new fosters the way to a forever home...............and be happy to let them go on to theri forever home and all the joy that awaits them...........hugs and kisses then, too.

Back to top Go down