Oreo Webster Report

Go down

Oreo Webster Report

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:49 pm

I know some of you like OWR storees but this is a serious report on his progress. He is doing fairly well as far as learning house manners and such. The only problem we are still combatting is the after eating potty thing. Sometimes he goes directly after eating, other times it can be hours and then suddenly, if you don't catch his subtle ( and I do mean subtle) hint, its too late.

His legs are getting stronger every day and we can even feel the beginings of leg muscles growing in there. He is such and adorable rascal that you cannot help but laugh at him sometimes. The swimming is helping but we have not ben able to keep at it on a regular basis due to many things. His frown lines over his eyes give him that "hang dog" expression and even when he is smiling, he looks sad. He makes us laugh trying to immitate the other dogs. He has a problem finding the gears on his rear legs and they tend to do whatever they want (which is not usually what he wants them to do). Sometimes he gets so frustrated that he lays his top two thirds on the sofa with the rear/bottom third just waving out there in the breeze doing its own thing. When he wants attention he will poke you with his needle nose and keep poking harder each time. When you really ignore him, hard to do when his nose is stuck into your ribs, he will whack at you with one of his giant sized mitts just to emphasize his point. Have you ever tried to chastize a pup with a big grin on your face? the result is that they begin to smile back at you which undermines the whole situation. I am afraid that I am failing "Effective Greyhound Parenting 102" This is a shame since this is my third and final chance at even taking this course! It is hard enough when we are alone but when Anne is home and she is sitting on the sofa grinning as well, it makes it almost impossible.

He is learning simple commands, NOT! He knows a few like "biskie", food, water, potty (his least favorite) and one he seems to be all to familair with is, "NoO-R-E-O-dammitnot there" which is all one word. Sometimes I think he believes that is his name. Or my speical favorite "OREOstopthatbeforeyoubreakmydamnneck" which OW interprets to mean do it harder and again! It is a miracle that I have survived the few weeks we have had him. No, it is not possible that I have had him more than a month....three months is"unblweebable" and I am still alive!!

then OW and Flashman team up to torture me. One grabs a toy from Chessie just to see if she will growl and then the other one torments Jetta Sue (they know she will growl) and watch me race to and fro trying to make them both STOP whatever the heck they are doing. Or their very favorite, tear open a stuffy, run around the circle of the rooms a make me chase them, spreading guts all over the house. Suddenly, I realize, I am the only one running, those two are either on the sofa (where I cannot see them easily or buried on Annes bed behind the twenty pillows which they have dug into to hide. Another favorite thing they like to do is to rum to the door barking and wait for me to get there. then they go lay down like it was ME taht started the entire business. I fall for it everytime. the other kids are getting smarter, they have begun to wait to see if someone actually walks in. There is always something fun going on at the Roo House.....come visit us and we shall see how long it takes you to lose your mind...a mind is a terrible thing to waste and when/ if I ever find mine, I will try to put it to good use.

Back to top Go down

Re: Oreo Webster Report

Post by Greys4Us on Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:05 pm

Great update on Oreo! He certainly has the best home possible for finding the right way through life. I can't even begin to imagine working with a puppy - no matter how good it is!!!

I love reading about his antics and how he is getting used to being in a home and in a pack. He is such a beautiful and sweet boy!

Keep the updtates coming!
Greys4Us

Number of posts : 2206
Registration date : 2008-04-21

http://www.greytdogs.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:37 pm

Sounds like OW is finding his way into your hearts, pack and home-life.... I love to hear about his antics... I just LOL every time... often reminds me of my students... Would LOVE to see a picture of him and how he's growing....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down