Cherrios Returns home - the final chapter

Go down

Cherrios Returns home - the final chapter

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:47 pm

Sometimes our marvelous babies can talk to us even after they leave us. So begins the final tale of Dear Cheerios. He began life very tenuously, losing his Mom at only a few days, being raised by a loving foster brood Mom, getting sick almost dying. In fact being given up for dead and living only because a loving HuMom begged to take him and give it a try. She nurtured him, loved him, nursed him back to health. Then HuMom knows, she must give him up, she cannot keep him no matter what her heart says. A loving home comes along, one that is experienced with GH puppies. Prayers are answered on both ends. Cheerios is injured and must have surgery or his life will be compromised and lesser is not good enough for this wonderful boy. Then the unimaginable happens...Cheerios comes thru the surgery, then has a seizure and is gone....gone to the Bridge without even a whisper. Everyone involved is heartbroken, his first family, his caregivers, his adoption group - anyone that ever touched this golden pup is crushed at his loss. Hearts are shattered. Time passes, lots of time, the pain is so raw everytime his adoptive Mom looks at the tiny box that holds what was Cheerios. Except one morning his adoptive Mom gets a picture in her head, the picture is of a tiny pup romping carefree at Home. Home? The vision is so clear in her mind. She picks up the phone and with a huge lump in her throat tries to explain to her sister what is wrong. What is wrong is that Cheerios needs to go Home. Home? He is Home! No, he needs to go HOME. Home to what he thought of as HOME.

With a heart full of love, we sent Cheerios to his HOME. He will rest where he began forever. Cheerios has come HOME to his first HuMom.......that is afterall where his heart began...at HOME!

You were so special to us that it felt wrong to keep you with us when sending you HOME was not only the right thing to do but was what you told me you wanted.
Rest in Peace Baby Boy...you were loved so much by all of us.

Thank you for sharing Cheerios with us. May you find the same Peace having him in your arms again, that I found in sending him HOME to you.
Love You!

Last edited by tiggersmom49 on Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Back to top Go down

Re: Cherrios Returns home - the final chapter

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:34 pm

Belinda was that dear HuMom who nursed him back to health and broke her heart to give him to us for a short time. There is never any doubt he is home where he belongs...we hope it brings Belinda some peace and comfort to have him with her forever.........She has an extraordinary love for the creatures who come into her lives.....she has many friends who will greet her at the Rainbow Bridge..........and a special little red brindle pup who will jump into her arms with those warm kissies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:41 pm

How very sweet of you and I'm sure it was difficult. I know Cherrio was very, very special.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:30 pm

I can't thank you enough for letting Cheerios come home.He was a very special boy.His momma was a special girl and was to come to me when she was done with this litter. When she died i was heart broken .but was thrilled the pups were ok. When Cheerios got sick My heart broke again.
he fought so hard and made a wonderful come back.
I was so thrilled that he had a wonderful forever home.Was looking forward to watching him grow with his wonderful family.
but it was not ment to be. There has been a big hole in my heart since Cheerios left. But thanks to his wonderful mom that hole is healing.
I touch his box everyday and tell him i love him and hope he is with his mama. Thank you. Well got to go can't see to write.

Back to top Go down

Post by Greys4Us on Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:57 pm

Cheerios touched so many people in his short life. I'll always remember Belinda constantly telling us what a wonderful pup he was. Then he got so sick and it was touch and go for awhile. It was so good to learn that he was getting well and just at the time when Helen was asking for a puppy. How greyt the day to be able to watch him go into what really was the perfect home. How selfless it was for Belinda and Ray to let him go in spite of how much they loved him. They loved him enough to do what they thought was best for him.

How shattering it was to learn of his passing; there is no way to describe how heart wrenching it was.

Thanks to Belinda and Ray for their love and efforts that helped Cheerios get well; thanks to Helen for taking such good care of him and giving him that life he deserved while he was here on this earth.

How sweet the gesture to send him back home. He will always be the most special pup.

Sometimes we meet the most special animals and people on our journey through life and they are the anchors we can hold on to when the storms hit. Thank God for them.
Greys4Us

Number of posts : 2206
Registration date : 2008-04-21

http://www.greytdogs.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down