Progress Report on OREO the GReyt Pup

Go down

Progress Report on OREO the GReyt Pup

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:10 am

When we first got Oreo, he had very little strength in his hind end and his rear leg muscles were flabby. Since he was never destined to race due to his hip injury, there was no puppy race training and he truly had very little "acceptable social skills" with the other dogs. He was just a big roly poly lovable pup. When we had his hip investigated and started swim class, which he hated, his legs began to improve and muscles developed in all four legs. His body began to slim down and he began to grow taller and get longer. One day after swim class, I leet him out in the yard and he took off running. He had never truly run before just loped aroound the yard. I was terrified and delighted all at the same time. He could not use his back legs to help himsleft do much of anythong at first, w had o help him onto the sofa, teach him how to use his legs to do steps and get into the cars. Being a farm dog, he had never had to so any of these things. I am excited and delighted to report that not only can OREO run, jump, play, get into the vehicles (when he wants) on his own but he can also jump up onto our beds which are both rather high...without any help from us. Our little pup has bloomed and I guess he is no longer a true land shark but a young adult greyhound. My eart leaps with joy yet breaks because now I do not have a GH pup anymore!

Back to top Go down

Re: Progress Report on OREO the GReyt Pup

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:03 pm

We are so happy that O is doing so well and is
growning into a sweet adult grey. Thanks to alot
of TLC
and I bet Hettie could find you a GH pup.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Greys4Us on Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:07 pm

Yeah, you said you wanted a cow doggie???? Very Happy Speak up now or she'll be gone by this afternoon!

I think Oreo is one of the most beautiful pups I've ever seen. He takes my breath away. He is the perfect example of how with patience and love a dog can get exactly what he needs to be the best.

I'm so proud of you Oreo but you are so lucky to have such a greyt mom!

Hettie
Greys4Us

Number of posts : 2206
Registration date : 2008-04-21

http://www.greytdogs.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:39 pm

Wow Helen! All that work, and swim classes really paid off. A lot of people would have never thought to do that, which is one reason the forum is here. It's really nice that you took the time to make this work for him. What an amazing pup!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down