Land Shark Oreo and the World

Go down

Land Shark Oreo and the World

Post by Guest on Tue May 03, 2011 10:35 am

Having a Land Shark, while amusing at times, is a full time job. When I undertook to raise Oreo Webster I never thought I would have "puppy fever" again. Oreo has been more of a challenge because having been injured when young (fractured hip ball) he was left out of a lot of the "puppy play" that litters usually participate in while pups. My guess is that he always lagged behind due to his stilted gate and pain possibly. Suffice it to say that I (with the help of the furpups here0 had to teach Oreo to be a true puppy. He did not run when he came here. His walk was somewhat stiff legged and uneven. His trip to the vet uncovered his injury and why his walk was different. We did swim therapy to make his rear legs stronger and compensate for the injury.

The other day Anne and I watched as the miracle unfolded before our eyes. Oreo did laps around the yard! Not the mini laps, but actual greyhound like running laps. My eyes welled up with tears just to think that this pup had never done that before until he came here. Had Oreo not found his forever home when he did, what would have happened to him? Like Rudolph, he was never able to join in the pup games. Oreo has now surpassed the "Land Shark" stage, although he regresses at times and always will,and will soon join the ranks of "big dogs" in the FFGR family when his birthday happens on May 10 and he turns two years old.

This past year has been a time of loss and gain for the Roo House and I suspect that the loss needed to occur to make room for the gain. How satisfying it is to watch the Oreo flower unfold and blossom each day. Puppies, no matter the age, are very special and delightful, lots of work, some heartbreak, most of all rewarding.

So to my very special Puppy, Oreo Webster Roo, I wish you a most wonderful 2nd birthday with hopes of many years filled with delight, wonder and laughter,,lots of laughter. You have delighted us with demonstrations of "how not to get on and off the sofa", how pups with missing teeth can eat a biskit and still have part of it sticking out the side of your mouth, how to stand on two "weggies" and still be left standing to pee, how to look so innocent with a slipper insole hanging out of your mouth, the art of flipping Auntily's pillows off the sofas and across the room, how two pups can occupy the same small toy while walking around the sunroom, watching you learn to talk instead of battering us with you size eighty paws when you need or want something from us, your first bark and then trying to find the off switch, your being a BRAT (and don't we love it) and lastly being OREO.

You are our O-r-e-oHHHHHNONOTAGAIN, "O" Man, "OH-ROO" BOzo BOI, but most of all
Oreo Roo, the Greyt Pup not Dat cooki fingy and we could not "LUB" you more .

Thank you for bringing such joy into our lives and for teaching us that everyone needs to have a GreytPup once in a lifetime, more if the opportunity arises,You made life worth living and healed my broken and battered heart.

DoG, I love Puppy Breath!!!

M.O.M.P - Mother of Multiple Pupps

Back to top Go down

Re: Land Shark Oreo and the World

Post by Guest on Tue May 03, 2011 12:30 pm

Ah, the one and only OREO (not the cookie)..........

what a CHALLENGE [finding where my slipper(s) have gone.........doesn't really chew (most of) them....just like to play with them.......getting him to stop chasing the kidz when they come in.......he's so excited he puts his mouth on their neck (not acceptable behavior)],

what a LOVE [sleeps next to whomever will let him (most don't want him to do this) .....gentle when taking treats.......finally learning when biscuits are given out even though he is last, he is not least loved...not following the others to get their "B's" but waiting impatiently for his],

what a NOSE [best smelling grey I've ever seen.....wiggles that nose and sniffs in the scent....absolutely adorable,,,,,still learning not to smell everything on the table when we eat.......gosh, MOMP, it smells so good what's a guy to do.........lie down, Oreo.......well, he's getting there!]

what a BEAUTIFUL BOY [no longer has the nasty yellow patches nor the long white puppy farm fur he arrived with.......watching him run and love it has been like a miracle to us.....he stands there with his long "llama" neck with such a sense of adventure when standing by the fence....you gulp and say, "What a beautiful grey!"..............coat is georgeous]

what a ROO [he sings with the best of them...........ever true to his name Oreo Tigger Roo...........it doesn't take much for him to start off roo-ooooooooo----ooo--ing........gotta love him for it]

what a WALKER [first he couldn't do steps because of he back leg (swimming took care of that)............now he has not weakness at all.........the funniest thing to see is his "parade march"........that happens when you put the muzzle on him........he lifts his front legs as if marching.......a real hoot to see]

Our puppy boy has grown into a playful, loving, singing, caring member of the pack..............who would have thought it that possible when Hettie had to pull him out of the back of her van???? I am (most days) grateful and blessed to be a part of his life........suffice it to say, life would be dull without O-Roo in it............everyone should be so lucky!

Thanks, Helen, for adopting him..........I think.............LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 04, 2011 10:36 am

Oh Helen & Anne!!!! To be so lucky to have this special boy and hear the love shining through in your words. Having Sadie gave us a taste of what a pup is like, frustrating & wonderful at the same time. Keep laughing and loving your O-r-e-ooooo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 04, 2011 8:33 pm

Happy 2nd B-day big old Oreo boy.... so glad Helen and Annie got you.... I know you are too!!! Tell Auntie Annie to post a new pic of you so we can ALL see how handsome you are!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 06, 2011 1:16 pm

Pictures to come on his Birthday, May 10th!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri May 06, 2011 8:01 pm

I'm usually late with my birthday wishes but for Oreo I'm early - that is because he is so special. We hope you enjoy your day. Have fun with mommy and your special aunt and all of your pack. We love your stories and we love you.

Mike, Mary, Badal, Gordon and Moe (the greatest foster in the world)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down