Ore - OH - Roo Update

Go down

Ore - OH - Roo Update

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:17 am

Thought I would give the OREO watchers a few notes on his progress. "O" is growing up in so many ways but still retains his puppy wonder about the world. He can be so very gulible one minute and so intelligent the next. He is still a "sucker" for the "hello kitty paw wave" and succumbs everytime. He still has his "screechy - help me the world is falling" puppy fearful bark but also has obtain a deep "you better watch out bark (mostly used in the confines of the sunroom where he is certain to be safe). He is starting to know that not every person he encounters is to be feared but still is very cautious when introduced to "new" people. He loves Anne's son Chuck and my son Rob yet is not fond of my grandson (18) whose goal it is to "tame "O" that is if he can ever get near enough to even pet him. "O" in this respect, shows that he does have some common sense and avoids much contact with Daniel. "O" has recently allowed the cleaning helper to become his friend and allows himself to be petted. His biggest fear is with men. I feel this could be because most of his contact might have been female in the kennel. His owner (a man) seemed caring enough to hope for him to get adopted and kept him for 11 months, so I don't feel he was mistreated as much as just "left out" of puppy activities and human contact due to his injury and never being able to race or train. Sadly, "O" may never be the type of dog able to go to meet and greets due to his insecurity but it has only been a year and I will not give up on him.

"O" is entertaining with his antics, he has finally begun to get the "roaching idea" and his attempts to comquer this feat has us in hysterics. He has definite "sleep" patterns and will not be deterred from them for any reason. I have even had to go out with him for fear he would fall down outside and just sleep till morning. He is learning to play more and has a few favorite toys one of which is a Kong "nubbie" (three cornered rubber thingy) which he delights in dropping on our feet at every chance. He carries it around, drops it then tries to floow the crazy thing as it rolls and bounces all over. His sweet and gentle nature makes you love him, his fearfull ness, endears him into your heart, and his comedic abilities are endless. To watch him wonder as he watches an ant carry a piece of bread acrss the patio makes your heart melt. He is ever so careful not to do harm to any of his fellow creatures that it makes you wonder what he may have been in a former life? His first cricket was a three legged one that had him entertained for some time watching it go in circles. He was most distressed when the cricket made it to the grass and disappeared. "O" still sniffs the spot where "cricky" left him. "Flutterbyes" still amaze him, however, he is not too sure he wants them to land on him anytime soon. He does have his limits!

Overall it has been quite an experience to watch "O" grow and accept things into his small circle of comfort. He "LUBS HIS Auntily" and she is his comfort spot when his world goes wrong. He cannot sleep at night unless he is securely snuggled up next to her on the "sofalee". If someone else gets there first, he is most distraught and paces till they give it up to him. He and Flash are buds, which sometimes causes us pain when they team up for nautiness and teenage pranks.

We have enjoyed this year and look forward to many more to come.

Back to top Go down

Re: Ore - OH - Roo Update

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:38 am

He is such a joy.... I LOVE hearing about his antics and stories... so glad he found the best home ever!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:46 pm

What a wonderful update. I love reading stories about "O" and he is so lucky to be loved by your family. I hope to meet all of you some day.

Mary

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:34 pm

NEWS FLASH!!!!!! O-man just lifted his leggie to pee for the first time............Mom was so--ooo excited! Not an easy accomplishment for one with a soft front leggie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:39 pm

Love the stories of our Oreo pupper.....Keep them coming and congratulations on the new "skill"

Back to top Go down

Post by Greys4Us on Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:34 pm

Nothing makes me happier than to read about the O!! This is what it's all about! Keep the updates coming!!!!
Greys4Us

Number of posts : 2206
Registration date : 2008-04-21

http://www.greytdogs.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down