Callin Doktor O-Re OHH

Go down

Callin Doktor O-Re OHH

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:00 pm

We have noticed that "O" is very sensative to any illness around him. Auntily had a few scratches on her arm and "O" "doktored" them until they healed, very nicely in fact due to his attention. When the pups get a boo-boo, "O" is right there checking things out. Sometimes his checking, gets in the way of other attention needed. The other day Flashman came in and right away "O" starting following him around to the point that it was annoying to all involved. Then we found blood! The biggest nightmare for any greyhound person, especially, when you have no idea where it came from. After checking all the pups with no injury found, we decided to give Flash a second look since "O" was so intent on licking his foot. Lo and behold, there between Flashman's toes was a gash on the upper side, way back into the folds of his toe. We had an appointment with the vet for the next day for shots so I cleaned, medicated and put a sock on the foot.

Later that afternoon, I observed "O" licking the foot thru the sock, and when that did not work, he and Flash began a joint effort to relieve the foot of the sock. Flash had a hold of the top end, "O" was pulling on the toe of the sock but they were pulling in opposite directions. It should be noted that the only sock I could find was a hot pink one trimmed with a lacy cuff left over from Jetta's foot surgery. The boyz worked at the sock for some time. Everytime Flash stood up and walked, "O" had his nose right on the floor trying to lick the sore foot. It looked like the elephant parade at the circus - there was no space between "O" and Flash's hind end. It came to an end when "O" accicdentally stepped on the toe of the sock and Flash kept walking! Miraculously, the sock popped off and the doktoring could begin in earnest. When Bitzie had her tumor removed from her neck, "O" was there to oversee her healing and help it by cleaning it often. If one of the pups cries, "O" is the first on the scene to investigate. I would never have chosen OREO to be a sensative but it seems he does have the knack and the gift for it. I have always said that life is stranger than fiction.

Back to top Go down

Re: Callin Doktor O-Re OHH

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:14 pm

And what a wonderful bedside manner he seems to have! I personally think this is very important for a greyt doctor to have Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:56 pm

That O never stops amazing, does he? How sweet is that? He certainly cares about his family!
Jeanne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:44 pm

Just goes to show, that every hound has his talents.... Oreo's is in finding the injury and helping it heal, human or hound alike... I love it... way to go O for loving you pack so much that you'd look out for their BBC's... (bangs, bruises and cuts)!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum