Oreo Roo - transformation

Go down

Oreo Roo - transformation

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:22 pm

Everytime I post under this topic, I wonder if I should go elsewhwere. BUT, Oreo is still truly a landshark puppy boy and will always remain one no matter how old he gets. That is part of the charm in raising a GH puppy. Oreo is making remarkable progress since his visit to the Meet & Greet this month. He still is leery of my grandson (I have to agree with him there. Eighteen going on twelve is a scary thing to witness) but we have had BGE in twice and he walked right up to both guys (who were dog people) and made himself known. He has even been taking treats from people that visit (thanks to "O" mans slick thinking Auntily Anne). It breaks my heart yet swells me with pride and happiness each time that "O" takes a step forward. I actually thought that he may never be able to go out and meet the general public for a while. He still has his fears and makes us laugh at his antics to overcome the "ebil doins" in the house. The other day we recieved a package in which there was a group of those air filled bubble pouches. I had accidentally (I swear) left them hanging over a box on a chair. Just as we were gettin lunch ready, "O" nosed the string of pouches and they "flew" to the floor. In his hurry to retreat from the "ebil bags" "O" stepped on one, popped it and got his toe nail caught in the plastic hole. Well, you cannot imagine the scene that ensued as "O" tried to escape "de ebil bags" that followed him across the room as he was "scaping". Eventually, the bags released their "ebil" grip on "O" and he could retreat to the "sofily" to recover his courage. I was no help to him because it is very difficult to walk bent over double with tears streaming down your face. "O" was not too happy with me for a long while. Then there is his fear of the hissing bottle. we usually have canned soda but when the family comes we get liter bottles. "O" is not sure why those "boddles hizz at him" but he stands in the sun room peeking around the corner until they stop making noise.

It is difficult to tell when or what may trigger "O"s fear reaction but it can be comical when it is not heartbreaking. "O" has managed to overcome his fear of the open rails upstairs. He is no longer positive that they are going to grab him and toss him down to the lower "lebel of the house". He still eyes them cautiously but will stick his head thru and look over the living room. His latest obsession is with the "cat door" in the tall baby gate we have to separate the back door and basement from the rest of the house. This gives us more control when visitors come to be sure the pups cannot slip out the door and get loose. "O" seems to think that if he gets down low enough, he will be able to squeeze hiself thru the cat door. Now how he thinks his 60lb body will fit thru a 3X3 inch square remains to be seen but he is working on it. His efforts are complicated by the fact that the "dang swilly gat" mobs wen youz pus ganst it".. The innocence of the "O" Man!

Back to top Go down

Re: Oreo Roo - transformation

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:32 pm

Oh..Oh.."O" Life is an adventure and sometimes it's a wild ride Wink
Love all the antics at the RooHouse. Keep us laughing with you, not at you O Man!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:18 pm

The never ending antics of "O"... I love his stories.... you really do need to write a book!

Back to top Go down

Post by Greys4Us on Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:58 pm

What a sweetheart! O has made so much progress but there still is a little of that cautious puppy left. What a great description of him running across the floor with the plastic bags in hot pursuit!

We are all so proud of you dear boy! Please keep us posted on your exploits!
Greys4Us

Number of posts : 2206
Registration date : 2008-04-21

http://www.greytdogs.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum