Oreo Report

Go down

Oreo Report

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:47 pm

I cannot believe that I am still making entries under the "Land Shark" category but it does still fit him. Oreo is making huge progress in his "pweeple Skils". we had some friends over last weekend (with dogs along) and "O" did great. He is still a bit reticent in being approached, but he went up to everyone before the evening was done. He even sat on the sofa with one of the gals and let her pet him. We had a lovely time catching up on old times and news. One couple has a very elderly grey and was joking that they could not believe the energy "normal" greyhounds have on board. We had previous foster dogs visit, one couple was a foster home for our Jetta Sue when she came off the track so we had some tears and laughs and lots of good food. Oreo took all things in stride and even allowed visitors to let him in and out (rare for the "O").

The kidz were exhausted the next day but we found O nosing thru the fleecies trying to find his in the pile so he could practice his "koatie skils". We laugh watching him try to get his head thru the neck opening and then figure out how to get the body of the coat up on his back. He almost made it by sliding along the bench until the fabric was on his back. the only problem was that he had it on inside out! O is still making use of the "potty bells" and has even started using the Santa doorknob hanger to ring when he wants to go upstairs to our lair. O keeps amazing us with his groeth of knowledge and new skills. He may never be a "star M&G pup", but at least I can take him to meet people without the fear of him collapsing from fear. he has so much love to share and his handsomeness is breathtaking (not just because he is ours).

Thanks to everyone that has helped O along the way from the terrified puppy he was to the accepting young dog he is becoming. Every touch or experience helps him get stronger and braver.

Back to top Go down

Re: Oreo Report

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:23 pm

O is inded a very handsome dog. It is wonderful to hear the progress he is making with your patience and all that love!
Jeanne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:00 pm

O is just 'O'-dorable... I like his markings/coloring... very striking. Glad to hear he's making progress in the 'pweeple' skills category... Not all greys are 'greyt' meet-n-greeters.... At least, as you stated, you CAN take him out and about.. that's fantastic!

Back to top Go down

Post by Greys4Us on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:48 pm

I have to see the koatie skils!!! When can I come???? So love hearing the O reports!
Greys4Us

Number of posts : 2206
Registration date : 2008-04-21

http://www.greytdogs.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:49 pm

I'm so glad you are still making Oreo reports. I have missed finding out what has been going on. However, I am going to try to make an effort to check out the forum at least once a week. Sorry I have been a stranger. Between 3 jobs(one full time, 2 part time), 2 kids, 3 greyhounds, 2 lizards and a snake, I've been quite busy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down