Chad Update

Go down

Chad Update

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:36 am

So far Chad has attended 2 M&G's and accompanied us on a home visit. This is a very social guy who just loves to greet people and get attention. When nothing is going on he lays down and calmly waits for the next shopper to come in so he can impress them with his personality and good looks What a Face Chad is very good meeting other dogs and of course is cat safe. He is a talker sometimes and will whine if unsure with the situation or doesn't know what you want him to do. On the home visit he would whine, look at me, then lay down when I didn't acknowledge his whine. At the office he would whine if CL or I went out the door but no longer does that as he has figured out that we always come back and it's ok. At home we leave him uncrated if we run out to go shopping for a bit and he has been wonderful. Chad roaches on the dog beds, loves attention without being pushy about it and just recently he has started to SMILE for us! I thought he was a smiler but until we got a full blown one with all teeth showing it was just a suspicion. When I hand out treats everybody takes their goodie and walks away to enjoy it in their chosen spot, except Chad! He eats it standing right in front of you, crunch, crunch and it's gone LOL. Maybe he thinks if he stays there you will hand him another one? We have discovered that he likes water and will want a baby pool in his new home. All four feet in the pond and a big grin on his face!!!

More later....

Back to top Go down

Re: Chad Update

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:28 pm

Jo, our shadow is an "instant cruncher"" as well. I think you hit upon the truth when you said maybe he thinks he will get more. Shadow certainly feels that way. I just love the "water boys", they are such a joy to watch, We had a foster that thought the water dish was an acceptable subtitute for the baby pool. He would stick his feet in the big water dish and I swear he would smile. Jphnnie is why we now have a raised water dish, LOL

Back to top Go down