Sweet Cooch

Go down

Sweet Cooch

Post by Greys4Us on Wed May 30, 2012 8:52 am

I thought I'd post an update on our foster Cooch. What a dog!!!! I have to say that he is nothing at all like the dog that got off the hauler from Florida the morning of our yard sale and sped back and forth along the fence line chasing cars in Jo's and CL's yard. I think he left that dog there that day. He probably was reacting to being cooped up with another dog in the hole of the hauler for fourteen hours and didn't know what to do.

Since he has been here he has been nothing less than perfect!! He has never had one accident in the house. He has been so laid back and low key that for awhile I thought he was sick! But he is just a sweet boy. He seems to be OK no matter what is going on. He can be in his crate all day or all night and has yet to make a peep. He has not growled or groused at any other dog. He can sleep in the crate or out in the house at night and he is fine. He is easy going and very very sweet natured.

The other day we left him by himself in the crate in the dog room for four hours and he was awesome. When we checked on him he was lying there as calm as could be. That's a very good dog considering the other dogs were out and about. Usually we get a lot of noise from that type of situation.

He is so laid back that I'm thinking he may make a good therapy dog. He is not over exhuberant but just friendly and sweet enough to come up for an ear scritch without jumping. I've never seen him try to jump up - he is exceptionally polite.

He is also very beautiful too (or should I say handsome). He has a very thick and gorgeous white coat and his brindle markings jump out they are so distinct. He has some patches of flea dermatitis but when those go away and he is in a home for awhile he is going to be a show stopper.

Although Cooch is not my favorite name for a dog, he knows that name and responds to it.

Yesterday he and Hershey were lying on the same bed sleeping and their heads were actually next to one another and touching. Neither seemed to mind. I tried to get a photo but they moved before I got there with my camera. He is great at sharing his space.

I think that he is going to make someone a very special pet.
Greys4Us

Number of posts : 2206
Registration date : 2008-04-21

http://www.greytdogs.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Sweet Cooch

Post by Guest on Wed May 30, 2012 12:10 pm

What a shame my bunkhouse at the Roo Ranch is full! Sounds like an awesome dog. He is sooo very handsome in his pictures that he took my breath away. Let's see, Cooch, Hersey, Honey, Bruno that would make Ten Hounds ! Enough +1 for a baseball team and - 2 for a full dozen!!!! WHAT am I thinking???? help, I have an addiction!!!!! Honestly, after the first three it is only a matter of food dishes and the line up, LOL. what a way to go....surrounded by Hounds.....Hey! Hound surround?? I have invented a new type of living.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 30, 2012 8:29 pm

So glad to hear he's NOT like that car chasing 'wild thing' we saw at the yard sale.. that had me a bit worried.... I guess I too would be hyper if I'd spend that much time cramped into a hauler..poor guy.. glad he's doing well.. gotta agree on that name though.. not my favorite.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed May 30, 2012 9:17 pm

Oh wow, he sounds WONDERFUL!!! Way to go Cooch! I'm sure that you'll have your forever home in no time!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum