Jaay Sioux and the Thunder Coat

Go down

Jaay Sioux and the Thunder Coat

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:03 pm

Our Flash is thunderphobic and we found the Thundercoat which works for him. Jetta Sue was also a thunderphobic and I purchased one for her. Jaay Sioux is also thunderphobic and during this last bout of weather we thought we would put the TC on Jaay to see if it helped him. Have you ever tried to wrestle a 63 lb python??? Jaay twisted is so darn many different ways by the time I finally got the coat on him, I needed a chiropracter to untangle me! Bless his heart, I had no idea he would freak out. It was bad enough to get the coat on him but then we had to figure out how to wrangle him again to get it off of him. He was just begining to trust me and come to me on his own and now he skirts around me if I even look at him. Back to square one. BUT the Thunder coat did work for him and in ten minutes he was sleeping peacefully on a bed with no worries at all.

I must admit that it was not my best job putting a coat on a dog but it worked so guess it was okay after all. Now if I can just get my arms and legs unknotted so I can move everything will be back to normal....well, normal for us anyway!

Back to top Go down

Re: Jaay Sioux and the Thunder Coat

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:55 pm

this weekend we will have to work again to get the thunder coat on him again..............poor boy......eventually he will figure out what we are doing makes him feel better.......till then a struggle..........

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:09 am

We have been training classes that are given by Lee Livingood and we were just talking about the thundercoat and how well it works. She did mention a collar also but I don't remember what it was called. Blaze is great however I wish I had the coat for Kacy because always knew when a storm was coming because she would open our closet door and go way back in the corner and stayed there till the stom was over. I can't go to this week class but my husband is so I will ask him to find out the name.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:00 am

I have the thunder coats... Doc never really needed his; Wolf does... it helps him to rest, but these storms have been so severe he still jumps up at every load clap of thunder and pants/paces. He even dislikes the sound of the rain on the roof; he'll go lay down in the hallway or living-room where the noise of it is less.
I also use the de-stress spray/drops and put some on a treat when I see dark clouds heading our way. Without the thunder-coat, he's be much worse; at least with it on, he CAN calm down and rest a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:38 am

I guess I should consider myself extremely lucky. None of the kidz are bothered by storms and across the street from us are a fireworks crazy family. Honey and Maya would bark at any loud clap of thunder but settled down after the second storm. I stay very calm and tell them it's ok, I also love watching the storms and light show they provide. This last storm I was standing at the slider watching the awesome lightning (a little scarey at times) with Honey standing next to me while I gently rubbed her head.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:54 am

Glad the coat works for Wolf. Blaze is fine during storms. The only thing he doesn't like is skateboards and bikes that go past him very fast. He gets nervous with that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:05 pm

Jo, I think lightening can go through windows...I was always told to stay away from them during a storm. any one else think this way?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum