Jaay Sioux report

Go down

Jaay Sioux report

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:18 am

Things around here have been a little crazy and I have been remiss in reporting on the "Jaay bird". Jaay is coming along slowly. We were making good progress until we had towrestle him with the Thundercoat but he seems to have begun to understand it helped him. Flash has taught "J" the finer art of de-stuffing and he now carries aorund an alleygator that has little or no stuff in his head. J has regular playtime built into his day. When he first gets up, auntily reports that the boyz go out then like to play I fetch, you fetch, stealing a toy from each other. We may have three of the same toy but all want the one in play at thae moment. Then it is time to greet the "upstairs Mom person" who does not always have her best foot or eyes forward at "O" dark thirty. then its breakie and lie down while the "Moms" have their breakfast and then maybe a nibble or two of left overs. Then its out to potty followed by nappie time. Nappie time does not mean that if a play opp happens they do not take advantage but most times it a short nappie at least. Then, depending on the activity planned for the two leggy folks, we may have to supervise or even help with the chores. Then its before lunch playtime and we have tons of fun getting under feet and picking up all the toys we can find to parade around the inside house circle. Each lap must have a new toy but occassionally a favorite toy may get two laps. J is so funny with the toys and loves to drag them all into the sunroom, put them in beds and after lunch, try to find a spot big enough without toys to lie down for another nappie.

I swear to you that J can see through his non eye. Sometimes when he looks at you and only the non eye side is visible, I can feel his stare.....He is very sweet and does come to get pets when another kid is there but not often does he come on his own. Auntily can give him a few scritches when he is eating or if he is lying down on a bed. At least he no longer jumps up and runs when we approach him on a bed. It breaks my heart that he still feels unsure of our intentiond but he is slowly coming to trust us and run towards us when frightened by something. Once he gets to us, he's not quite sure which is worse - us or the thing that frightened hom! It would be comical if not for the fact that he has a true fearful thing going on. He has definite dislikes - lawn mowers are evil doers, the "vaccume lady" must work for the devil, not only does she make loud sucky noises but she takes all the toys and hides them. She's sill tho cause she hides them all in the same place! Big trucks - trash or others- are not good things and J must patrol the inside perimeter while they are in the area. He does greet visitors to the ranch and even lets a few pet him for a second or two.

We are definitely smitten or maybe its bitten by the "J" Bird bug and just love him so much. For being a still pup, not two yet, he is a very calm member of the pack and blends quite well. He has even begun giving the girls some kisses and pals around with everyone deoending on who is the most fun. Hopefully in a few more weeks, J will keep building trust with us and one day we will look up to find that he is "just another member" at the Ranch.

till later

Back to top Go down

Re: Jaay Sioux report

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:57 pm

the thing I am most grateful for is that J Bird loves every member of our pack and they seem to love him back......if that were not the case, life would not be as good around the Roo house…..I can see sweetness in everything he does and love that THE eye doesn’t stop him……my fondest wish is that he will trust us but having dealt with Oreo, who took between 3 and 6 months to let me pet him and trust me, I know it is only a matter of time………pushing him would be so wrong (unless we have to as with the Thunder Coat)……..Helen and I are taking him to Dogs & Company when we go….he lays down and lets anyone pet him that wants to……..seems to like people then….Saturday will be his second time going and imagine it will be the same way….to say J Bird has become a dear member of our family is putting it mildly.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum