Jaay Sioux Wonder Dog

Go down

Jaay Sioux Wonder Dog

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:33 am

We have had Jaay a little over two months st this point. Jaay has attended two M&G at Dogs & Co. and appears to enjoy the company of the other greyhounds. When he first arrives, he greets all greys and some familiar Humons with glee. He is not as energetic with strangers but will allow them to pet him. The one problem that we see is Jaay seems to be "handshy" meaning if you have your hand raised and come towards him, he will back away or retreat to the nearest escape route. When we first got Jaay, he walked around with his head drooping almost touching the ground. At first, I attributed this mannerism to maybe losing his eye. the longer Jaay is here the more I feel this "head drooping" has nothing to do at all with his eye but everything to do with something that occurred in his past. I do not feel that he was "mistreated" but more likely "mishandled" or treated roughly somewhere along the path. when Jaay is cornered with no escape, this behavior becomes his "go to" deal and is accompanied with lying on a bed in the corner in a submissive posture. We are working on this and hoope that soon Jaay understands there is only love in this house for him.

Back to top Go down

Re: Jaay Sioux Wonder Dog

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:38 am

Jaay is a fantastic pup. He will continue to blossom under the special care of the "ROO" ranch!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:43 pm

Well, it's nice to be able to say that Jay is not a "spook." I can say this because Helen and I both have had spooks....I had the queen of spooks, Lizzie Lulu. Jay is a very quiet dog that loves all in his pack, all greys who visit, let Marge and Hettie pet him....in fact, any one can pet him when he is laying down.........he smells all people who enter our abode......just doesn't want to be petted yet by most of us.......we have only had Jay a little over a month...and have made slow progress......he loves to be in the same room that we are in but is confident enough to sleep in another room when he wants to do so.........has never show fear of my walker no matter how close it gets to him......and last night and today has actually let me pet him while at the dinner table with no food in my hand........I am so touched by this show of confidence on his part.......he loves my grandgrey, Sophie, who is visiting us for a short while and she nudges him her approval too.....Jay knows the house schedule and nudges my feet in the morning to wake me up to go out........such a dear, wonderful boy...we have all the time in world to work out the kinks what ever they may be.........we thank you, Hettie, for your trust in us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:42 pm

He soulds like such a sweet, sweet dog. And sounds like he is fitting in perfectly. Good news for everyone. So happy for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:21 pm

I think Jaay is lucky to have such a loving family and he will learn that there is only love to be had at your hands. I know he will blossom and grow to become a loving confident dog.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:19 am

Jaay will learn that the ROO RANCH is a house of LOVE.... it will just take time and patience. Thanks for loving Mr. Jaay..he deserves only the best! I was glad to have met him at Dogs & Co. in July!Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:46 am

Jaay is an awesome boy and so sweet! All good things to those who wait. He has his own time line and it's so much fun to see how each week brings something new and special I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum