Belated Birthday wishes for Jaay Sioux

Go down

Belated Birthday wishes for Jaay Sioux

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:25 pm

Our darling Jaay Jetta Freeway Sioux Roo turned two years old on the tenth. We had a mini celebration that day and have had two other minis as well. Jaay got a bright yellow hairy bunny rabbit, a rubber bone, special biskies, Doggie donuts and we are having Frosty Paws tomorrow.

Jaay turned a huge corner yesterday, he actually came when I called him and allowed me to pet him for several minutes before scurrying away. He has been making small advancements each day. He now wags his tail, plays with lots of toys, plays with the other boys and is learning the thrill of peanut butter, chicken and his favorite, cooked cabbage & carrots. Jaay weighs in at 70.5 lbs and can still use a pound or two to finsih his fill out. He delights us everyday with new discoveries and antics. He loves to carry different toys in his mouth from one room to another and torments Flash & O Man trying to keep up with putting the toys back where they belong. He ran laps in the yard for the first time last week and I swear he smiled!

It will take a while for him to come totally out of his shell and learn to trust us completely but we are making progress. He delights us when he comes to Anne in the AM and puts his head on the sofa to get scritches. He is still wary of hands moving towards his face but he will let us pet him once in a while. He has allowed a few visitors to pet him and that is mostlikely due to his exposure at the M&G every month. I still have to corner him to put his thunder coat or leash on him. He wants to have the coat and to go places but he still has reservations about being "captured".

If it takes a hundred years, we will wait patiently until he is ready to let us hug and squeeze him. He is such a dear he is well worth whatever time it takes him to trust us completely.

Happy Birthday wonderful Jaay Jetta Freeway Sioux! And may we spend many more years learning how to calm your fear and let us love you!

Pictures to come soon!

Back to top Go down

Re: Belated Birthday wishes for Jaay Sioux

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:06 am

Happy, happy birthday, Jaay! Hope you had a wonderful day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:15 pm

Happiest of b-day's to Jaay!Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:47 pm

Happy Birthday......to the Jaay boy?.... Lots of Roooo...oo.ooo.ooo's
From our house

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:36 pm

Happy Birthday Jaay! You've already received the best gift, a forever home I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:44 pm

J is slowly learning that the Roo Ranch is not a bad place to be......he is so very gentle in spirit, in playing and in taking food from ones hand.....a little piece of our heart is filled every day seeing him happy and slowly coming towards us..........the big shock was when Watson's mom came home from their emergency trip and J let her pet him...........our mouths hung open.....J had his first emergency trip to the vet's when he cut his leg and needed a staple... he was a real gentleman until Jennifer went to lift him on the scale and he peed....the spray fell on Helen's foot......I know our J Sioux had a fun birthday spread over several days and Happy Birthday again to this special kid!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:44 pm

Happy belated birthday Jaay!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down