Jaay Sioux taking steps forward

Go down

Jaay Sioux taking steps forward

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:24 am

Each day with Jaay Sioux is a new awareness of his progress. The other day he came searching to find me and allowed me to pet him for a few minutes. Later that same day, he hurt his foot but would not come to me to help him. He did, in Jaay Sioux fashion, run to a bed hunch down and curl into a ball allowing me to inspect the injured foot. It turned out to be nothing more than a black walnut stuck up into the paw cavity which was easily removed. For Jaay, this is a huge step forward. the norm would have been be following him around until he was corned and then reluctantly let me look at him. He loves to play with toys and is wagging his tail when we talk to him. He LOVES food and we are using that to initiate touching and contact other than emergencies. He will come to the table in the evening to get a tidbit or treat. He loves having company and yesterday when Cleopatras family came to pick her up, he allowed Gabe to sit on the floor and pet him. This was a huge step for Jaay since he is not sure what children are all about! We love him so much and it is hard not to run up to him and squeeze him in a bear hug. For now, I will just have to settle for little nose presses as he walks behind me and take joy in his happiness at being Home. He loves his housemates and each day they play "steal the toy" from each other with waggy tails and happy eyes.

I know that when Jaay finally gives us his trust the reward will be sooo sweet and well worth the wait!

Back to top Go down

Re: Jaay Sioux taking steps forward

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:16 pm

As warm and loving as your ranch sounds I bet Jaay will be ready for hugs and smooches soon.
Jeanne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:19 pm

It's funny how much they change over time. Annie is still changing 1 1/2 years later. She'll probably never be outgoing but she was actually walking up to people for pets when we were at the park last week. Congrats to Jaay for being a brave boy, one of many milestones, I'm sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:13 pm

Sounds like major milestones happening with your boy.
This is so heart-warming...there must be some allergen near me right now, my eyes are watering!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:07 pm

Darn those leeky eyes!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:04 am

Sounds like Jaay is making progress and slow and steady steps forward. He is such a great dog that it is well worth the wait I love you

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:02 pm

When Cleo's (on vacation here at the Roo Ranch) family came to pick her up, JSioux allowed the youngest son, Gabe, to pet him......one never knows.....Gabe is 7!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:46 am

Jaay is setting his own pace...he'll be worth the wait and patience.. He's so handsome and sweet natured. Smile Glad he's settling in more and more each day!Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down