A day at the Greyhound farm..

Go down

A day at the Greyhound farm..

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:43 pm

Meeting our June~Bug was a wonderful time, but along with that came an exciting adventure. We had a chance to tour Tracy's farm and Kennel. I can easily tell that Tracy loves what she does..Who else would turn the Living room into a Whelping Ward for all the momma"s? Then take a nice stroll out back down to where she kennels the Greys that are getting ready to give birth and the greys that need some rehab work done.( along with some that just are waiting to run, and others waiting for their forever homes)

I loved seeing so many greyhounds in one place. Michael, Lisa and I even had a chance to "Turn Out" some of the greys...It was soo cool seeing them run in the longated area.

Greyhound farmers work 24 hours a day to try to keep things clean and sometimes it gets away from them, but the hounds do feel the love that Tracy gives...

Check out our pictures below...on the farm

Last edited by ourfurkids on Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:45 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : only the url numbers for pictures showed up so I posted again as an edit below.)

Back to top Go down

Re: A day at the Greyhound farm..

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:14 pm

Five day old puppies that will race some day..

this Brood will give birth in a week or two

Here are just a few out of the 50 crates not all were full and each one has a sign to show what special need that grey has.I think Tracy had about 15 greys in the kennel.

Turn out sprinting pen

Meet Lisa she is the one whom helped us find our June~Bug

Looks like our own pack is starting to miss us....

Every Greyt day deserves a happy ending like ours soon we will have our baby home , so here we are crossing the bridge home waitin to cross back over to pick up our June Bug

Last edited by ourfurkids on Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : couldn't get pictures to load properly)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:47 pm

Thanks for sharing Lisa. You always hear about the kennels but it is so hard to imagine. I think it helps us understand where our babies came from (and now I definatley know why they like sand so much hahaha.
Erin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:57 pm

The pictures are great! Love seeing the little puppers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:29 pm

I love those pictures. The pregnant broodie is so cute. She looks so happy. The puppies are too adorable. I would not be able to control myself around all those puppies. They are so cute. Thank you for posting all of these cool pictures.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down